I don't know why I'm doing this, but sometimes you just need to shake things up a bit...

March 29, 2010

procrastination is a bitch

I started a post today but gave up to instead, bake chocolate chip banana muffins. Yummy. Here's a little song to keep you all amused. The line of running to the window and looking up to the sky and asking who ever is up there, please don't let me die, resonated yesterday in the storm with 100km/h winds and the blizzard that we worked through yesterday. I woke up at 4 a.m. and sat on my couch, looking out to the whiteness and wondered what I was doing here. In the morning I waited to see if my next door neighbour started the truck to go to work and he did, and we made it, but barely. While we were driving through the houses, it was not so bad, but coming up over the hill, we looked down and saw nothing but white. The Ford F150 we were in was shaking like a Smartcar being passed by a transport truck on the 401 and we had to get out of the truck to find the road again, which we were off by a few metres. We were probably 20 feet from the store before we could see it. All day we were there and out of the window, where we can usually see for miles, was nothing but white. We had no water because the pipes were frozen and as well, the water trucks weren't out. One of the cashiers came in crying because she got disoriented and almost got lost. And yet, the local people were out in droves, buying laptops, cigarettes, spring jackets and best of all, 2 packets of powdered gravy. That's it. Gravy. 100km winds and the guy comes in for gravy. When we left, it was still light out, so we could see a bit, and drove one of the kids home and managed to find our way home through the snow by using the light posts along the side of a different road as markers to make sure we were going the right way. We were about 20 feet from our house when we got stuck in a snowbank so high that I couldn't open my door and had to get out of the driver's side. My steps had basically disappeared and were more like a snow ramp up to my door. I stayed home today. All day. Even though it was a nice day. So, I guess I did just write a post.

No comments:

Post a Comment