I don't know why I'm doing this, but sometimes you just need to shake things up a bit...

March 4, 2010

It's only been a week and already half of the highschool kids hate me...

Today I turned down 4 kids in a row who couldn't show me ID to buy cigarettes.... 1)Me: "Can I see your ID?" Kid: "Don't have any, but I'm 18" Me: "You need to be 19 to buy cigarettes" Kid "But I'm EIGHTEEN" Me: "Yooou.... Neeeeeed.... Toooooo.... Beeeeeee.... Niiiiiiiineteeeeeeen" 2)Me: "Can I see your ID" Kid: "Left it at home and I came here to buy smokes" Me: "I am not selling you cigarettes without ID" Kid: "But the other cashiers sell them to me" Me: "I'm not a cashier, I'm the manager and I'm not selling them to you" Kid goes to complain to my manager. Leaves in a huff.... snicker.... 3)Kids comes in. Me: "Can I see your ID?" Kid 1: "I don't got no ID" Me: "Then I can't sell you cigarettes" Kid 1 turns to Kid 2 "Dude, can you buy my smokes?" Me: "well, then I need to see YOUR ID too." Kid 2 "I don't got no ID either and I'm 21" Me: "I need to see ID before I can sell you cigarettes" Kid 2: "I don't got none, but you can call the police officers and have them look up my criminal record to tell you how old I am" For the love of Baby Jesus.....

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. You should consider working in public libraries. You get to say no a lot there as well to unreasonable requests.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be nice if there was a public library up here....

    ReplyDelete