I don't know why I'm doing this, but sometimes you just need to shake things up a bit...

March 19, 2010

The Day of Children from Hell

So I've been quiet for a couple of days because I've been in a crap mood, missing St. Patrick's Day (my favourite holiday) and things were looking up a bit up until this morning. Last night I was working at night with two of the stock boys and they were cracking me up all night. It all started as one of the boys hid outside of the office while the other one was in there and jumped out at him and the one scared, screamed like a little school girl. Not acting very managerially, I laughed. Loudly. So I think out of revenge, he was bound and determined to scare me and spent most of the night hiding around corners, stealthily following me and doing his best dolphin impersonation...(?) Anyway, so I was putting on my tough "I'm from Toronto, you can't scare me attitude" and finally at about 8h30, he finally jumped out from an aisle and yelled "BOOOOO" and I jumped a mile in the air and chased him down the aisle with a broom. Again, maybe not so professional.... But damn funny. So today, I am minding my own business, when POW!!! Someone punched me in the arm! I look over and it's a little girl, maybe about 3, with a mouthful of silver teeth, grinning at me with her dukes up, ready to hit me again! Couldn't obviously do anything back but say through a gritted smile that wasn't very nice and she shouldn't hit people. She laughed at me and threw her boot at me. Jeez..... Next up, kid loses his mitt. Ok, not having mitts in Nunavut is kind of a big deal. But... not quite such a big deal as to lay on the floor, howling for 15 minutes. The his grandfather came to pick him up and he was like a ragdoll and the grandfather started dragging him by his hood down the aisle, still howling. And then had to drag him out of the store, still howling. Finally they left and it was quiet. Until some sweet little girls ran up to me. "Hi! I'm 5, how old are you?" one asked. Feeling slightly jocular, I replied "I'm old... I'm THIRTY THREEEEE" and then ladies and gentlemen, came a response that made me want to lay down in the middle of the floor and howl....." WOOOOOWWWW" she replied. "You're almost as old as my GRANDMA" ....

No comments:

Post a Comment