I don't know why I'm doing this, but sometimes you just need to shake things up a bit...

May 8, 2010

17 Hours of Daylight and counting

So we are up to over 17 hours of daylight now and during the rest of the time, it's not totally pitch black, more of a deep Cerulean Blue if you will. I went for a walk last night and it was after 9h00 and was out for an hour. When I left I could have gotten away with wearing sunglasses and by the time I got home the sky was streaked with different colours like the tie-dye I used to wear in my hippie highschool days. Getting out for walks at night has been something I've been trying to do all week. It's been amazing. On Tuesday, it resulted in playing soccer with about 15 kids for an hour and a half. In my rubber boots, on gravel. And it was -13C. I had a blast. Until one of them, who was about 12, asked how old I am and when I said 33, her eyes bugged out of her head and she said "WOOOOOOOWWWWW You're older than my MOM!!!!".....Buuuhhhhh Looking North West at about 9h30 Looking North West at about 9h45 Looking South East at about 10h05 Random Caribou hoof in the street

2 comments:

  1. hey allison,

    just wanted to say that i'm really enjoying your blogs.

    mmmm caribou hoof stew for dinner! :D

    peace

    Derek

    ReplyDelete